Greg Thomas is a sixth generation native of Wakulla County. He and his wife Kristi have been married for 21 years and have two sons. Zachary is a student at Wakulla High School and William is a student at Wakulla Middle School. Mr. Thomas is the third member of his family to serve on the Wakulla County School Board as his Great-grandfather and Great-great-grandfather were also Board Members.
Mr. Thomas is a 1984 graduate of Wakulla High School. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science with a minor in Economics from Florida State University. He also earned the professional designation of Certified Public Manager (CPM) from FSU. He holds 6 professional designations in insurance including: Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Charted Life Underwriter (CLU), Fellow Life Management Institute (FLMI), Associate Surplus Lines Insurance (ASLI), Associate in Claims (AIC), and Associate Customer Service (ACS). He is also proud to be a graduate and member of the first Certified Master Board in Wakulla County.
- Currently serving his fourth term as School Board Member
- Served as School Board Chairman from 2004 to 2006
- Member of the Wakulla Academic Boosters
- Member of the Wakulla Gridiron Club
- Member of the Sopchoppy Southern Baptist Church
- Member of the Wakulla County 4H Advisory Committee
- Vice President of the Tallahassee Community College Foundation Board
- Board Member of the United States Selective Service System
- Past member and officer of the Florida Society of Certified Public Managers
Mr. Thomas is Director of the Division of Insurance Agent and Agency Services with the Florida Department of Financial Services. He has been an insurance course instructor with the Department of Insurance and the Department of Financial Services. Formally, he served as Chief of the Bureau of Education, Advocacy & Research as well as Chief of the Bureau of Consumer Outreach & Education. During his professional career, he has earned licenses in property & casualty insurance, life & health insurance, securities, and real estate.