China is located in eastern Asia. Its climates are very different. Half of the world's population lives in China.
The ancient kiln was used to bake pottery. It is located near Xian in central China. Xian was the capital city during the Zhou Dynasty.
The Great Wall of China stretches over 5,500 miles. It can be seen from outer space.
The Stone Lion gurards the Spirit Road and Mind Dynasty tombs. The Spirit Road is lined with many pairs of different stone animals and people.
1. If you steal in China, your hands get cut off.
2. Giant cliff carvings were made around 336 AD.
3. Animal charms were supposed to protect their owners against evil influences.
4. As Jade seemed to last forever, the ancient Chinese believed this "stone of heaven" prevented the body from decaying after death.
5. Coffins often nested one inside the other.
6. The fishing reel was developed from a battle device designed to retrieve a javelin after it had been thrown at an enemy.
7. The bronze leopards were graceful animals with garnet eyes and inlaid silver seats that came from Pincess Don Wan's tomb. They were used as weights.
8. There are 800 buildings that have about 9,000 rooms. The forbidden city is the world's largest palace complex. Millions of people visit this incredible place each year and gaze in awe.
9. The Silk Road was not actually a road. It was not paved. It was not even a single route.
10. The Chinese worked on the Great Wall of China for over 1,700 years.