China is one of the largest countries in the world. China's geography is varied. Huge mountains and dry plateaus rise high in the west. In the east, low and vast coastal plains stretch across the land. Major rivers in China generally flow to the east. Mountains, deserts, and oceans set the ancient Chinese apart from the other parts of the world. Some settled near China's three main rivers. China made the Great Wall of China. China invented the compass. China made paper. It took 2,000 years to finish the Great Wall. There was a man that visited Ancient China, named Marco Polo.
Fun Facts About China
1. If you steal in China your hands get cut off.
2. The Chinese make paper from bamboo.
3. The compass was used to find safe places to bury ancestors.
4. The Chinese used a special type of clay to make pots.
5. The Chinese believe that there are dragons.
6. The Chinese believe that there are good spirits and bad spirits.
7. The ancient Chinese people believed that there was an afterlife, like the Egyptians.
8. The Chinese believe there are dragons.
9. It is illegal to kill pandas in China.
10. Some Chinese were very wealthy.