The experiences planned during this month should focus on farms, farm animals, cities, large buildings, and how farm life and city life are alike and different. Areas of importance:
- The kinds of work that people do on farms vs cities
- The names of animals that live on a farm
- The kinds of animals people have in the city
- Vehicles used on the farm
- Vehicles used in the city
- The kinds of buildings on farms
- The kings of buildings in the city
The colors of the month are the colors of autumn:
Orange, yellow, red and brown
The shape of the month is square.
Recognize numbers 7, 8, 9, 10.
The letters of the month are Ff, Ii, and Ll.
Activities for you to do at home with your child:
- Take walks outside and observe the changes in the season
- Point out objects that begin with the letters Ff and Ll. Send objects to school for the sound table.
- Talk about animals that live on famrs.
- Talk about large buildings, etc. that might be seen in the city
- Collect objects to share at school tha begin with the letters Ff and Ll.
- Point out objects with the square shape and the colors of interest-orange, red, yellow and brown.